Charcoal
I think my art has been too conservative. During the short poses a fellow artist noted that my drawings had a lot of energy tonight. My next self-imposed challenge is to (as Burton Silverman says it) find the art in the subject. As much as I appreciate a well drawn conservative drawing, my aim is to let the drawing speak and reveal some of what it has been through; to leave some of the struggle showing.
I think my art has been too conservative. During the short poses a fellow artist noted that my drawings had a lot of energy tonight. My next self-imposed challenge is to (as Burton Silverman says it) find the art in the subject. As much as I appreciate a well drawn conservative drawing, my aim is to let the drawing speak and reveal some of what it has been through; to leave some of the struggle showing.

No comments:
Post a Comment